Wing Eating Contest
Wing Eating Contest
Don’t miss the wing-eating contest to see who can eat the most wings in 5 minutes. This contest costs $20 to enter and only 15 participants are allowed.
All participants get 2 Festival Entry Wristbands (one for the participant and one for a friend or family member), 1 Festival Tshirt, and all the wings you can eat in 5 minutes.
- 1st Place: Trophy & Gift – Winner gets bragging rights until next year!
- 2nd Place: Gift
- 3rd Place: Gift
Official WWA Smackdown / Wing Eating Contest Waiver of Liability:
Eating competitions are inherently dangerous activities, and all participants expressly and
voluntarily assume the risk of any and all injury and damage that may result from the
participation in eating competitions. Participants understand that such risks include, but are not
limited to possible bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis, death or other injuries or
damages. Selection of participation in the event and the risks of loss, damage or injury shall at
all times remain with and be borne by each participant. Participants will be required to execute a
Waiver of Liability, Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement before participation.
Contest rules are subject to change.
Official WWA Smackdown Rules:
- The wing eating competition is open to all amateur eaters who are 21 years or older who are in good health. ***Professional eaters, persons recognized by the AICE, the IFOCE or members of any professional eating organization are not eligible.
- Any participant with a serious ailment or health problem may not compete in the contest.
- Participants are to report to the stage area at 1:30pm on May 14th, 2022 for contest preparation. In the event someone does not show up, another participant will be chosen.
- The WWA Smackdown presentation will begin at approximately 2:00pm.
- Each participant will start with exactly (15) wings (8 drums, 7 flats) covered with sauce.
- If a participant finishes their allotted (15) wings before the contest is complete, they will be given an additional (10) wings to consume.
- The contest will last exactly (5) minutes.
- Participants may not touch the wing tray or wings in the tray before the contest begins.
- Once the contest starts, the participants will consume their allotted wings and place the clean chicken wing bone back into the wing tray.
- Participants may eat sitting down or standing up in their designated areas. Any participant leaving their designated area during the contest will be disqualified.
- Participants may not make physical contact with any other competitor at any time. Any participant who deliberately makes contact with another participant will be disqualified.
- If a participant vomits or regurgitates at any time during the competition or during the time period the wing count is being tallied, he or she will be disqualified immediately.
- The use of utensils is NOT allowed. Fingers only.
- Whoever has eaten the most wings during the 5 minutes will win.
- Chicken meat must be eaten directly from the bones. Stripping the bones of meat first and eating the meat at one time will not be allowed.
- In the event of a tie between participants, there will be a 30 second “run-off” to determine the winner.
- Participants can be disqualified if the Executive Judge determines wings were not consumed to the bone ie (there’s meat still on those bones).
- Bottled water will be provided.
- If contingencies or disputes arise at the contest before, during or after, that is not explicitly covered by these official rules, the Executive Judge’s decision will stand with the same finality as the rules.